Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Reflections on the Nature of Water





In March 2008 I opened my first solo exhibition. Copenhagen-based percussionist Linda Edsjö talked to me during the opening and asked me if I wanted to make a photo projection for the staging of her diploma recital. One of the pieces she will perform is Reflections on the Nature of Water, composed by Jacob Druckman (1928-1996). It is said about Druckman that he “Devoted himself to the exploration of sound and colour, both instrumental and electronic”.

Linda Edsjö is studying in the soloist class of the Royal Danish Academy of Music and also currently working with contemporary music, electronica, storytellers and choreographers. Regular ensembles: LeLe (flute, percussion and electronics) Harpcore (electronica) Susa (song, marimba/vibraphone and doublebass) and Tesco Value (Cabaret-Punk).
Visit her spot at Myspace.

Anyhow I was thrilled to jump into another photo project and I have been working on the project from time to time since March. Above is one of the photos that may appear in the final projection. It is also fascinating to work with a project without a tight time-schedule. It requires discipline, (of course) but also stimulates my imagination and give me possibilities to explore the colours and different images of water.

Linda Edsjö´ diploma recital is scheduled to autumn 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment