Tuesday, December 02, 2008

An old archive CD is like a diary




I have started many diaries, especially as a teenager when you are supposed to write diaries about your hard and meaningless teenage life. I have a stack of them in the basement. They were never completed, but there is a new diary for every second year, because I kept on trying until I reached the mid- twenties.
A few nights ago, I wanted to find an image I once created. I ran through approximate 150 CDs and DVDs in order to find it. While I couldn’t find it, I learned something. I recognised that old CDs with stuff from work is really like a diary. One starts to remember old clients, colleagues and other things related to the projects saved. I laughed, felt both embarrassed and proud as I looked through some of what I created in the past.

I found a lot of nice stuff. The picture above is an example. It was made during a period, when I tried to find out everything I could about Photoshop. After a successful fishing trip, we had just taken out the guts from the fish we caught that summer day, and I saw that the business section of the morning paper was used to cover the table. I took a photo and worked with it in Photoshop. Today it seems to be a comment to the current financial crisis.

A project for the coming month is to transmit the content of all these CDs and DVDs to a portable hard drive. Diaries should be kept for the future.

2 comments:

  1. vilken cool och flummig bild. och vilket amibiöst upplägg, nu bokmärkar jag direkt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malvin
    Congrats to the blog, inspiring to say the least, and many thanks for linking to my site ...just struck me that any kind of relation to numbers has it own kind of magic, even if it's fish-guts, ...u know, I've got some problems here, veggie as I am :-) ... still, the photo is nice! /Niklas

    ReplyDelete